Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site content

edited February 2012
Because english is not my native language, please help me with site content.
I prepared download page
http://virtualplaytable.com/downloads.php
Last week about 80 users downloaded vpt060setup.exe, but only about 40 users mtg060module.exe
May be I wrote not enough clearly that user should download and install both files for use it with MTG?

Comments

• Language aside, people not so often read at all, and just run for the download link.. in this regard, I suggest a slightly adjustment: the "runtime" description next to the link should be more specific, something like "Core only: you also need game packs below to actually play"

You could also think about setting up a javascript pop up to alert the user about the need to download a pack.

Unfortunately, even through my job, I've realized that people hardly read instructions at all, especially when they are longer than a single row :)
  • edited February 2012
    I don't know how many packages there will be in the future, but I think that the majority of users want the MTG-package.
    Therefore, you could offer a "full MTG package"-download option at the top of the page. I agree that this would mean double size of web space, but many users don't want to start several downloads and stick the program together.

But I personally would not do that - simply to keep the site clean and structured.
    Due to the many images there will never be a real one-click-full-package.
    Those who download only the program will recognize that something is missing.
  • In near future mtg package will be moved on other site (magic.playtable.net) with all mtg-related downloads, images, guides and screenshots. Same for other modules in future too. For legal reason I need to keep Virtual Playtable app and site with my own copyrights only.
  • I'd not mention the word "runtime", most people don't know what it means. I'd call it "Base application".

Make a mention in some bright color (red for example) next to it saying "Choose atleast one module below. For the application to work, you need atleast one module installed."