Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual Playtable Translations

edited August 2014
Available translations for Virtual Playtable interface:

English, Russian - already included in Virtual Playtable 0.9.1
German: http://virtualplaytable.com/download/Playtable_de.qm
Japanese: http://virtualplaytable.com/download/Playtable_ja.qm

Download file and put into your Virtual Playtable folder (for example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtual Playtable\Playtable_de.qm", you need Administrator rights to add files to this folder)
Then run Virtual Playtbale and in options select interface language.

-------------------
Please write me to [email protected] anyone who can translate it.
I'm interesting in next languages:
French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Simplified

Please inform me before you start translation.
-------------------

How to translate Virtual Playtable interface to other languages:
1) Download
http://download.virtualplaytable.com/download/linguist.exe
http://download.virtualplaytable.com/download/Playtable_en.ts
2) rename Playtable_en.ts for example to Playtable_de.ts ('de' is two-letter code for german)
3) run linguist.exe, open Playtable_de.ts and change in file properties language to "German"
4) translate some strings
5) in Linguist menu select "Compile as..." -> Playtable_de.qm
6) put Playtable_de.qm into your Virtual Playtable folder (as example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Virtual Playtable\Playtable_de.qm", you need Administrator rights to add files to this folder)
7) run Virtual Playtable, and select your Language in settings.
8) repeat 4-7 for other strings
9) send me original Playtable_de.ts, I will include this translation into setup for future versions.

Two-letter code for your language can be found (see ISO_639-1 column)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I can do the Italian translations.

EDIT: I noticed some phrases have all the words with the initial letter in capital, while other phrases do not. Is that intended?
  • edited September 2014
    Browsing around, I noticed that the "State Controller" first key is written wrong (Disconected instead of Disconnected). Is this word used as the english translation, and should be fixed, or is it the string key, and can be left as it is to avoid chaning other language files?

Some other things:

"Game Module" -> "Load module database". Shouldn't be "Load database module" ?

"Manapool" is not a single word. Should be "Mana Pool".

Under "Game State" a LOT of phrases are missing the third person "s". For example:
    -%1 set target arrow from %2 to %3.
    -%1 remove %2 (-1/-1) counters (total %3) from %4.
    -%1 exile %2 from his Hand.
    -%1 put a (+1/+1) counter (total %3) on %4.
  • Also, under Game State:

%1 shuffles his library.
    %1 shuffles his graveyard.

In both cases, the zone is with the first word in lower case, while in all other strings, zone names where written with first capital letter.
  • edited September 2014
    What's the meaning of this key?

"Game State" -> "Build Phase"

..sorry for multiple posting, but there's no way to edit previous post after some time.. feel free to merge them all.

I've finished translating them all, but before sending them to you I'll check them in VPT to be sure I didn't make some misunderstanding mistake, and that's there's no display problem with some strings that may be longer than expected (tried to keep them at the same length when possible, but sometime I could not).
  • Ok, understood that the "Build phase" is for the Arcane Towers game.. so the string localization isn't divided in main program + every module, but it's just one for everything? Is this the correct approach? Doesn't it limit the localization people can do with their own game modules in the future?

Anyway, I've checked my translation running the program, and unfortunately found that there are quite a bit of strings used in VPT that do not show as localized. Most are probably not even configured in the XML language file, but many others are probably just not used. Here it is the complete list

Before sending you the translation file, I'll wait to see how to fix these problems (hope I won't have to redo all the translation work with a new, more complete, translation file!)

DECK EDITOR

The about window has its title not localized (still says "About")

The three price levels (Low, Avg, High) are not localized

Main deck and sideboard lists have their title not localized (ex: Main Deck [1 cards], Sideboard [3 cards]). The Database list title instead is localized.

The set filter windows has its content not localized (apart from the title). Sets name of course are not, and languages either (that's not totally nice), but also the "all/none/custom" checkboxes aren't, and that's not good

The search pop-up isn't completely localized: title and labels are, but buttons are not (Reset/Ok/Cancel)

When I try to close the window and deck isn't saved, the pop up window asking me what to do has its buttons not localized

The Card Filter pop up has its title not localized

PLAY MODULE

In the start game window, the tabs titles aren't localized ("Player" and "Opponent"); "Filename" and "Info" aren't either, and the main and side card list titles ("Main Deck [60 cards", "Sideboard [15 cards]") aren't either.

The phase names of Arcane Towers aren't localized

When I look at a card pile (Graveyard, Deck..), the pop up title is for example "Your Graveyard". The "Your" word isn't localized. The other is.

When I look at the top x cards of a deck, the pop up isn't localized at all (both title, labels and buttons). The window is also too narrow to actually show the window title (in english) completely.

The "Roll a Die" pop has its buttons not localized, and it's too narrow to show the window title even in english

The "Look at the top X cards of library" pop up window isn't localized at all (title, lable, buttons). It's also too narrow to show its title, even in eglish.

Also the "Show top X cards of my library" has the same problem as the one above

The "Start new game" confimation pop up window has its buttons not localized. Buttons are also not centered in the pop up.

In the main table, these strings which are always displayed aren't localized: Opponent, Player, Library, Graveyard, Turn
  • edited September 2014
    Some more:

In the play module: I tried to run a local server and run a second instance of VPT to connect locally. Received an error message (and I don't understand why.. but that's another story), saying "can't connect to network host", and that's not localized either.

In the Deck editor, if I import from text, the pop up is almost completely localized except the button "Cancel". Also the "Ok" button may have the same problem, don't know cause "Ok" is fine in italian.

In the Deck editor, if I export to text, the pop up is almost completely localized except the button "Close".

In both modules, when I try to open/save a deck, the dialog window has the file type filters not localized: "All Supported Deck Files [...]", "Virtual Playtable deck files", etc..
  • Malhavoc, thank you for checking. My english not so good, so many phrases in app can have mistakes.

> EDIT: I noticed some phrases have all the words with the initial letter in capital, while other phrases do not. Is that intended?

No. If term used with initial letter in capital, It should appears in same form in all phrases. But it is for english only, you can write as is commonly for your language.

I will fix these things:
    1) "Game Module" -> "Load module database". Shouldn't be "Load database module" ?
    2) "Manapool" is not a single word. Should be "Mana Pool".
    3) Under "Game State" a LOT of phrases are missing the third person "s". For example:
    -%1 set target arrow from %2 to %3.
    -%1 remove %2 (-1/-1) counters (total %3) from %4.
    -%1 exile %2 from his Hand.
    -%1 put a (+1/+1) counter (total %3) on %4.
    4) In both cases, the zone is with the first word in lower case, while in all other strings, zone names where written with first capital letter.
    -%1 shuffles his library.
    -%1 shuffles his graveyard.

> (tried to keep them at the same length when possible, but sometime I could not).

You can use long phrases as you want, write me these places and I will fix controls autosize for them.

> so the string localization isn't divided in main program + every module, but it's just
    > one for everything? Is this the correct approach? Doesn't it limit the localization
    > people can do with their own game modules in the future?

I will add possibility to localize every game module with separated string list and localizations. But later. Currently I want to finish basic features in app and release 1.0.

> Before sending you the translation file, I'll wait to see how to fix these problems
    > (hope I won't have to redo all the translation work with a new, more complete,
    > translation file!)

No, when new strings will be added/changed later, old translations are still valid and will not be lost. Linguist tool is enough smart for it.

I will check and add untranslated phrases in stringlist. Thank you.

> Also the "Ok" button may have the same problem, don't know cause "Ok" is fine in italian.

It should be as in your Windows dialogs.
  • edited September 2014
    All right, so what? I'll wait for a second relase of your xml translation file, so that I can translate the missing strings I pointed out (there were quite of bit of them)? How do I merge it with the already translated one? Or is it better I send you the one I translated so far?

>No. If term used with initial letter in capital, It should appears in same form in all phrases.
    >But it is for english only, you can write as is commonly for your language.

It's fine in italian too, problem is the inconsistency: even in english, not all titles have all the initials in capital: just some.
  • > All right, so what? I'll wait for a second relase of your xml translation file...

No, send me your current translation file.
    When I fix all missing translations I will update your file and send you back with fixed .exe for testing.
  • File sent. Check your mail.
  • >> Also the "Ok" button may have the same problem, don't know cause "Ok" is fine in italian.
    > It should be as in your Windows dialogs.

Don't think so. The Windows I used is in italian. The "Ok" word may have been the default, but the "Cancel" from the button next to it is not a word in italian, so those words probably weren't default Window words, but actual untraslated strings in VPT. Give them a check.
  • Brazilian Portuguese is coming soon :)
  • French translation incoming ! ;)
  • French Translation DONE !