Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Card Rendering Options

edited April 2014
I would like to have the default options (image, printed, errated) supplemented by options for printed and errated text that come without reminder and flavor text.

For example, a BNG Nyxborn Triton:
Bestow {4}{U} (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it’s an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it’s not attached to a creature.)
Enchanted creature gets +2/+3.
"He is Thassa's. I could not sway him."
- Kiora
Would be displayed as:
Bestow {4}{U}
Enchanted creature gets +2/+3.
This should improve readability on the cards a lot, without going crazy like MTGO, which replaces 'equal to' with '=', which to me makes it even harder to read, and on top of that it's not visually appealing. It should also be fairly easy to implement, given that different rendering methods are already implemented and running a rexeg over the existing output will likely be all there is to do.

While I'm at it, I also want to mention that I really would like these display options to be added to Playtable mode.

Edit: While thinking about it further, an option to display printed text without reminder/flavor text is probably redundant, both as in it's inaccurate, as well as for people who just care about the cards' functionality, the errated text has higher priorty anyway.
In short: Just one option to display a stripped errated version of the card would be great! :)

Comments